What is Reiki?
- Reiki is a gentle healing technique developed by a Japanese Buddhist Priest (Dr Mikao Usui).
- It uses energy to treat both physical and emotional ailments, without the need for massage or pressure.
- Reiki practitioners tap into the natural energy that exists all around us and channel it into the patient.
- To be able to do this, practitioners must receive an Attunement by a Reiki Master.
- Its a Japanese word meaning:
REI : UNIVERSAL KI : LIFE FORCE ENERGY
- The energy enters the body via the Chakras (the energy centres of the body.
- Chakra is a Sanskrit (the ancient language of Hinduism & Buddhism) word meaning “wheel or vortex”.
- After entering the body via the chakras, the energy is channelled around the body via Meridians, which connect the major organs and the rest of the body together so that life force energy (Ki) can flow where its needed.
- There are 7 main ones and more than 20 minor ones.
The 7 main chakras and their associations
Crown (Sahasrara)– top of the head (Wisdom & Understanding)
Third Eye (Ajna)– between the eyebrows (Perception, Intuition, Visions & Ideals)
Throat (Vishudda)– centre of the throat (Communication, Creativity & Self Expression)
Heart (Anahata)– centre of the chest (Compassion, Love & Empathy)
Solar Plexus (Manipura)– in the ribcage v (Personality, Individuality & Self Worth)
Sacral (Svadishana)– just below the navel (Reproduction, Emotions & Relationships)
Root (Muladara)– base of the spine (Physical Survival, the un-thinking animal form of life)
- The treatment is given fully clothed, either laid down flat or sat in a chair.
- Hands are laid on or above 13 areas of the body, channelling energy into the main Chakras.
How can Reiki Help?
|promotes sleep||relieves stress|
|relaxes muscles||relaxes body & mind|
|relieves fatigue||soothes emotional distress|
|strengthens natural healing process||promotes feelings of calmness & wellbeing|
|eases aches & pains||encourages emotional release|
|increases energy||promotes peaceful & positive outlook|
|clears toxins||helps unlock suppressed feelings|